MSCoreFonts and proxy
Revision as of 13:25, 14 March 2011 by Mayhewn (Categorize)
If you are behind a proxy and do not already have the ttf-mscorefonts-installer package installed, then please follow these steps so that the mscorefonts package will install correctly.
- Open your favorite text editor, for instance use Applications -> Accessories -> gedit Text Editor
- Copy the following 2 lines and paste them in your empty document:
http_proxy = http://proxy.yourdomain.com:3128
use_proxy = on
- Correct the proxy to match your information, including using the correct port number.
- Use File -> Save As
- Be sure you are in your home folder and give the file a name of
- Now you can continue with installing FieldWorks and this package will be automatically installed
- Or you can choose to install the ttf-mscorefonts-installer package and it should install successfully