Modify the Windows Boot Menu-XP
This page is part of the Quick Start for Balsa.
It tells you how to change the boot menu on a Windows XP system that has been set up to run Balsa. You can change how long the menu displays and which system — Balsa or Windows, runs by default.
- Log into Windows in an administrator's account.
- Start Windows Explorer.
- Right-click on My Computer and choose Properties in the menu.
- The System Properties dialog box will open. This dialog box is also available under the System item in the Control Panel.
- Select the Advanced tab (See blue circle above).
- Select the Settings button under Startup and Recover (See arrows above).
- The Startup and Recovery dialog box will open (Shown on the right above).
- In the Default operating system menu, choose which system — Balsa or Windows, you want to run when the user doesn't make a choice (See red circle above).
- Check the box Time to display the list of operating systems (Just below the red circle).
- Set the amount of time. Don't set it to zero!.
- Click OK on both dialog boxes to close them.
The next time you boot the computer, your default will be shown for the amount of time you chose.